Happy Spring and Happy St. Patrick’s Day, friends.
It’s been almost a year since I sat staring at that second pregnancy test, thinking “Oh, shit…” Yes, we wanted a second child, a sibling and best friend for our Little Dude. However, as I sat staring at that little blue line proudly announcing its presence to the world, my mind raced through all the plans we already had for the upcoming year, and I knew we were in for one wild ride. I was right. In the past year, our family has celebrated:
- A promotion at work (The DAY I found out I was pregnant again – this kid has timing…)
- A beach vacation
- A mountain vacation
- A baby sprinkle (Mine)
- A two year old’s birthday (Little Dude)
- A bridal shower (My sister)
- A gender reveal (My sister – That’s right, folks, Little Dude and Peanut are getting a cousin!)
- A birth (VBAC turned CBAC – so much I want to share about that!)
- A wedding (Let’s talk about being a Maid of Honor two weeks after a repeat Caesarean, folks!)
- A baby shower
I so wanted to document all the crazy as it happened, but pregnancy with a toddler is ROUGH. As I juggled increasing demands at work, the family I already had, the family that was growing, and the carpal tunnel that reared its ugly head yet again for pregnancy #2, I came to accept that the blog would just have to take a back seat for a while.
Well, Peanut (an ironic nickname, we realized, as we held all 10 pounds and 5 ounces of him for the first time), is almost 3 months old, and I’m thinking it’s now or never. As much as I want to dive in and share all the thoughts tumbling around in my head about my VBAC journey, my second breastfeeding journey, and the new role I’ve been blessed with as a mother of two, I have a feeling some of that heavier stuff may have to wait as I test the waters again. In the meantime, welcome to my new crazy!